Home is Where The Trowel Is! Creative Landscape Design.
A home garden is a place that has the potential to give an identity to your home with in your neighborhood. You can use very little creativity to enhance the look and feel of your garden, making it stand out from the rest of the gardens in the neighborhood. Here is a list of practical elements you can add to your landscaping garden, ensuring everybody loves it and you get awesome landscaping points.
1) The compound wall of the home plot defines the boundary of the garden as well. Use paintings on the wall surface (inside), that will add excitement to your garden . You can go for a theme based painting such as nature, waterfalls, sunsets etc..
2) Use stone sculptures of actual human size. These statues greatly add a human touch to the garden and also define a scale to the space. Everything we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, kitchen utensils, office equipment, computer parts, are all always related to human measurements. If this is the case with all other objects, why exclude a garden from it.
3) Use a fountain with artificial mood lighting. This adds a great amount of atmosphere during the evening within your garden.
4) Use Japanese stone lanterns instead of the normal ones. This is because stone has its own rough texture, which contrasts nicely against the smooth, and fresh, look and feel of the plants in a garden. This creates "hot-spots" in the garden. Also, plan to use light bulbs inside the stone lanterns. These stone lanterns can easily be used along a pathway to define the direction of movement.
5) Design a pond that flows partially into the home building. This is a great way to seamlessly connect the interior and exterior of a home landscape.
6) If your garden has a swimming pool, then instead of having normal diving boards, unleash your creative side and buy a diving board in a creative shape. Your kids will love this, and this will be remembered by visitors of your garden.
7) Create private,, semi-open, patios in your garden. This is a great spot to sit around and chat with your loved ones. It can absolutely double as a small deck during a small party.
8) If you love pets, then try rabbits or ducks, along with a small pond, in the backyard. These pets have very fresh colors, and they can add a huge amount of liveliness in the garden. Watch out for rabbits eating your plants, though.
9) If possible, plant flowering trees with fragrance. This is a free, and absolutely amazing,way to keep your garden fresh.
10) Create levels in your garden to distinguish various areas as per the function of the garden. A leveled garden always creates interest and curiosity.
If you have read this article completely, you can see we've hardly covered plants and their species in landscaping. This was a deliberate decision to, hopefully, spark creativity within the approach to landscaping design. Design in landscaping is also about using creativity with materials and their finishes. I hope this article helps you to start thinking creatively about your home garden and generate more unique ideas.